From AAPG Wiki
Figure 2 Modern reef, US Virgin Islands. From Zitello et al.
- Google Street View of the Great Barrier Reef
- Good definition of reefs in a geologic rather than nautical sense
- Permian reefs in west Texas, USA
- Permian Reefs in Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Texas, USA A significant part of of this park was donated to the country by Wallace Pratt, one of the founders of AAPG.
- Mancini, E. A., D. J. Benson, B. S. Hart, R. S. Balch, W. C. Parcell, and B. J. Panetta, 2000, Appleton field case study (eastern Gulf coastal plain): Field development model for Upper Jurassic microbial reef reservoirs associated with paleotopographic basement structures (E & P Notes): AAPG Bulletin, V. 84, No. 11, P. 1699–1717
- Hart, B. S., and Balch, R. S., 2000, Approaches to defining reservoir physical properties from 3-D seismic attributes with limited well control: an example from the Jurassic Smackover Formation, Alabama. Geophysics, v. 65, p. 368–376.
- Zitello, A. G., L. J. Bauer, T. A. Battista, P. W. Mueller, M. S. Kendall and M. E. Monaco, 2009, Shallow-Water Ben thic Habitats of St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands. NOAA Technical Memorandum NOS NCCOS 96. Silver Spring, MD. 53 pp.
- Salvador, A., 1982, Wallace Everett Pratt: AAPG Bulletin, vol. 66, no. 9, p. 1412-1422.